The Realm
Hello!
Welcome to the Realm. You are seeing this message because you are a guest. If you are already a member please login on your account, if you are visiting us for the first time please register to contribute to the forum. You will need an account in order to read the messages and to post on the forum.

Thank you for your understanding, The Realm staff
The Realm
Hello!
Welcome to the Realm. You are seeing this message because you are a guest. If you are already a member please login on your account, if you are visiting us for the first time please register to contribute to the forum. You will need an account in order to read the messages and to post on the forum.

Thank you for your understanding, The Realm staff
The Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Realm

Welcome to The Realm ~ Provehito In Altum

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Celebrating a year of Progress

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Nessa
Admin
Admin
Nessa

Female
Number of posts : 7028
Life : Celebrating a year of Progress 11101010
Celebrating a year of Progress Left_bar_bleue35 / 10035 / 100Celebrating a year of Progress Right_bar_bleue

Mood : Celebrating a year of Progress 5310
Registration date : 2007-07-20

Celebrating a year of Progress Empty
PostSubject: Celebrating a year of Progress   Celebrating a year of Progress EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 7:36 pm

As some of you may already know, I am a huge animal advocate and this year has been better then the last in my fight for animals. Though there is still a very long way to go in my eyes to do all I can to help animals ... the road I'm on will continue. After countless letters to congress and senate and phone calls to try and change things, the donations and spreading the word to friends and family for causes and petitions. I must say it has been a very good year in the progress for animals, which pleases me emensely and warms my heart to know I am not along in this battle and suprisingly I received an email tonight from the founder of the Humane Society that I wanted to share with you all here.

Dear Vanessa,

This year has been the most momentous year for animals
in our organization's 54-year history. And the real hero
in this story is you.

Vanessa,
you made history this year for animals. You gave
animals a voice when you took action online, made a donation,
told your friends and family about our work, or voted. Your
actions and your generosity meant all the difference and for
that I am so thankful.

Here are just a handful of
this year's most extraordinary triumphs:

• Our dedicated team of responders led a series of massive
    puppy mill rescue operations, and we saved thousands of
    breeding dogs and puppies from caged misery and
    neglect.

• We uncovered shocking abuse of dairy cows at a
    California slaughter plant,
    triggering the largest beef
    recall in U.S. history, shutting down the $100-million company
    for good, and forcing the USDA to commit to banning the
    slaughter of "downed" cows.
  • We rescued animals from natural disasters,
    providing refuge for thousands of pets and farm animals in peril
    from Hurricanes Ike and Gustav.
  • We launched the most ambitious ballot measure for animals in
    history -- and we won a better life for millions of
    cows, pigs, and chickens.
    California's Prop 2 will
    usher in a new era not only for animals in California, but
    animals suffering in factory farms across the United States.
  • We busted dogfighting and ( No Swearing ) rings
    throughout the nation,
    and we passed a raft of laws at
    the state level and a new federal law to make animal fighting a
    felony everywhere in the country. <~~ This was by far My Longest and Hardest fight for animals and it took over 7 yrs to make this happen and I am so so thankful this law was passed now.. ( I did it all for you Bella.. RIP Sad )

I wanted to share the year in progess and the changes we have all made for animals this year. Smile

Sookie It's time to celebrate... we did it!! Sookie

Back to top Go down
https://therealm.forumotion.com/
Luky
Admin
Admin
Luky

Male
Number of posts : 4090
Celebrating a year of Progress Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Celebrating a year of Progress Right_bar_bleue

Mood : Celebrating a year of Progress 410
Registration date : 2007-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Celebrating a year of Progress   Celebrating a year of Progress EmptyFri Dec 12, 2008 6:21 am

Congratulations Nessa! You did a very good job this year. Hopefully next year you will do the same as this year if not even better Wink
The animals are very lucky to have such a strong fighter for there rights
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Celebrating a year of Progress   Celebrating a year of Progress EmptyFri Dec 12, 2008 7:37 am

Good stuff

Although, to be honest, I'm not that much of an animal guy

That thing about the dogfights, that's scandalous O_O
Back to top Go down
Nessa
Admin
Admin
Nessa

Female
Celebrating a year of Progress Left_bar_bleue35 / 10035 / 100Celebrating a year of Progress Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Celebrating a year of Progress   Celebrating a year of Progress EmptyFri Dec 12, 2008 8:07 am

Yeah there are so many unknown cruelties happening right under our noses, most people aren't even aware of, u know? I still am a little sad that the fighting for wolves in the greater rockies was not established yet to put them back on the endangered species list yet and are still out for targeted hunting. But every day we are one step closer to saving the lives of these animals and that is pretty much all that matters.. for now. Wink
Back to top Go down
SophieDophs
Established Member
Established Member
SophieDophs

Female
Number of posts : 80
Celebrating a year of Progress Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Celebrating a year of Progress Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Celebrating a year of Progress   Celebrating a year of Progress EmptyWed Feb 04, 2009 8:13 pm

Wow! Nessa! What an amazing series of achievments!

Animals are very close to my heart and I once spent 7 years as a volunteer with an animal charity. cat
Back to top Go down
MissGeek
Established Member
Established Member

Female
Number of posts : 82
Celebrating a year of Progress Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Celebrating a year of Progress Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Celebrating a year of Progress   Celebrating a year of Progress EmptyFri Feb 06, 2009 5:10 pm

I will congratulate you, but that's all, because I'm not an animal chick anymore, since, as you already know, the day some PETA freaks aggressed me for some stupid thing, and these freaks dont give a ( No Swearing ) damn ( No Swearing ) that people they flame on the Net might have mental issues (depression, bipolar troubles, etc.) or autism and then, their attacks send the victims closer to psychological distress, phobias (including agoraphobia), and even suicidal thoughts.

I don't post often, because of "that" animal-related topic posted months ago and who made me keep my guard at high level since, and also because ONECRÙNCH scares me (not only because of the "extremely disturbing" topic episode, but also other posts as well). I've not seen a psychologist yet and now, I'm about to ask for a reevaluation of my autistic traits by a psychiatrist, to see if I'm an aspie, after Mom has read some docs about Asperger syndrom.
Back to top Go down
Nessa
Admin
Admin
Nessa

Female

PostSubject: Re: Celebrating a year of Progress   Celebrating a year of Progress EmptyFri Feb 06, 2009 5:51 pm

Thank you Sophie & MissGeek hug

MissGeek, I understand completely how you feel and why sweety. And I can respect that Wink

I'm sorry OneCrunch effected you in such a way. He is my cousin but means no harm generally speaking hun. hug

I tend to tread easy with subjects like this on the forum now in respect to how you feel about such things. props
Back to top Go down
MissGeek
Established Member
Established Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: Celebrating a year of Progress   Celebrating a year of Progress EmptyFri Feb 06, 2009 8:53 pm

By the way, there's a problem with your Flash embed code, my Firefox can't find the appropriate plugin even if it's obviously a Flash and I have already the Flash plugin and the script allowed in my Noscript settings. Do people who use Firefox on Windows have the same problem ?

The only hint I found : Try to remove the space after the URL's end, to see if it works.
Back to top Go down
Luky
Admin
Admin
Luky

Male
Number of posts : 4090
Celebrating a year of Progress Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Celebrating a year of Progress Right_bar_bleue

Mood : Celebrating a year of Progress 410
Registration date : 2007-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Celebrating a year of Progress   Celebrating a year of Progress EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 1:35 pm

I also use Firefox on Windows Miss Geek but it works perfect for me. It's a flash video. I don't know why it would work for you though
Back to top Go down
MissGeek
Established Member
Established Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: Celebrating a year of Progress   Celebrating a year of Progress EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 9:58 pm

Luky wrote:
I also use Firefox on Windows Miss Geek but it works perfect for me. It's a flash video. I don't know why it would work for you though

I asked in order to know if it happens only for me (Ubuntu user) or if Windows users are affected as well.

In this case, I'll ask Jac since I remember she uses Ubuntu on one of her PCs. I don't know if it's still the case.

EDIT : The problem came from the Flashblock extension ! I thought I disabled it since I don't need to unblock Youtube videos...
Back to top Go down
GraveDigger
GraveDigger

Male
Number of posts : 23

Mood : Celebrating a year of Progress 810
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Celebrating a year of Progress   Celebrating a year of Progress EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 4:41 pm

Congratulate Nessa. Really I'm not animal lover, but it nice from you Smile
Back to top Go down
SophieDophs
Established Member
Established Member
SophieDophs

Female
Number of posts : 80

Registration date : 2008-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Celebrating a year of Progress   Celebrating a year of Progress EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 7:39 pm

Nessa, I'm currently setting up a forum for cat lovers... when it's ready, I'll post the link if you're interested.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Celebrating a year of Progress   Celebrating a year of Progress EmptySat Feb 14, 2009 10:17 pm

Congrats, you little fuzzball savior, you! Boogie Using animals is one thing. Getting all sadistic with them is something I don't really get.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Celebrating a year of Progress   Celebrating a year of Progress Empty

Back to top Go down

Celebrating a year of Progress
Page 1 of 1