The Realm
Hello!
Welcome to the Realm. You are seeing this message because you are a guest. If you are already a member please login on your account, if you are visiting us for the first time please register to contribute to the forum. You will need an account in order to read the messages and to post on the forum.

Thank you for your understanding, The Realm staff
The Realm
Hello!
Welcome to the Realm. You are seeing this message because you are a guest. If you are already a member please login on your account, if you are visiting us for the first time please register to contribute to the forum. You will need an account in order to read the messages and to post on the forum.

Thank you for your understanding, The Realm staff
The Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Realm

Welcome to The Realm ~ Provehito In Altum

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

fred thompson quits republican race

Go down 
AuthorMessage
valhalla
Banned
Banned
valhalla

Male
Number of posts : 1456
fred thompson quits republican race Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100fred thompson quits republican race Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-08-03

fred thompson quits republican race Empty
PostSubject: fred thompson quits republican race   fred thompson quits republican race EmptyTue Jan 22, 2008 4:03 pm

The actor-politician leaves a Republican race that is wide open
Former US Senator Fred Thompson has withdrawn from the Republican presidential race, after a string of poor finishes in early voting rounds.

"I have withdrawn my candidacy... I hope that my country and my party have benefited from our having made this effort," he said in a short statement.

It follows his third place result in Saturday's South Carolina primary - a state he had said he needed to win.

Mr Thompson did not say whether he would endorse any of his former rivals.

He ended his statement by saying that he and his wife, Jeri, would "always be grateful for the encouragement and friendship of so many wonderful people".

The actor-politician entered the race in September, months after his rivals had started campaigning.

He leaves the Republican race wide open.

Three candidates have each having won in the six states that have voted.
Back to top Go down

fred thompson quits republican race
Page 1 of 1