The Realm
Hello!
Welcome to the Realm. You are seeing this message because you are a guest. If you are already a member please login on your account, if you are visiting us for the first time please register to contribute to the forum. You will need an account in order to read the messages and to post on the forum.

Thank you for your understanding, The Realm staff
The Realm
Hello!
Welcome to the Realm. You are seeing this message because you are a guest. If you are already a member please login on your account, if you are visiting us for the first time please register to contribute to the forum. You will need an account in order to read the messages and to post on the forum.

Thank you for your understanding, The Realm staff
The Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Realm

Welcome to The Realm ~ Provehito In Altum

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What Graphic Software do you use?

Go down 
+10
Jalokim
Tim
cclloyd9785
M.D
hellboy
MissGeek
lilacmoon
Camulus
Luky
Nessa
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Nessa
Admin
Admin
Nessa

Female
Number of posts : 7028
Life : What Graphic Software do you use? 11101010
What Graphic Software do you use? Left_bar_bleue35 / 10035 / 100What Graphic Software do you use? Right_bar_bleue

Mood : What Graphic Software do you use? 5310
Registration date : 2007-07-20

What Graphic Software do you use? Empty
PostSubject: What Graphic Software do you use?   What Graphic Software do you use? EmptyFri Feb 22, 2008 12:24 am

I just got the latest Paint Shop Pro X2 and I think its fabulous. Big Grin I have used there previous versions and have found them to be alot easier to work with then Photoshop. I have so much new stuff to play with and figure out now. Chin

What Graphic Software do you use? PSPX2

I'm having retarded amounts of fun just playing with the new features. I'm such a Nerd! LOL

What do you use? Smile

Back to top Go down
https://therealm.forumotion.com/
Luky
Admin
Admin
Luky

Male
Number of posts : 4090
What Graphic Software do you use? Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100What Graphic Software do you use? Right_bar_bleue

Mood : What Graphic Software do you use? 410
Registration date : 2007-08-01

PostSubject: Re: What Graphic Software do you use?   What Graphic Software do you use? EmptyFri Feb 22, 2008 6:55 am

I use GIMP
Back to top Go down
Nessa
Admin
Admin
Nessa

Female
What Graphic Software do you use? Left_bar_bleue35 / 10035 / 100What Graphic Software do you use? Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: What Graphic Software do you use?   What Graphic Software do you use? EmptyFri Feb 22, 2008 10:45 am

GIMP is pretty awesome from what I can tell, though I have never used it before. I will get around to dabbling in it eventually I'm sure. Big Grin
Back to top Go down
Camulus
VIP
VIP
Camulus

Male
Number of posts : 1281
What Graphic Software do you use? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100What Graphic Software do you use? Right_bar_bleue

Mood : What Graphic Software do you use? 4610
Registration date : 2008-01-23

PostSubject: Re: What Graphic Software do you use?   What Graphic Software do you use? EmptySun Feb 24, 2008 1:14 am

I use Paint.NET
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Graphic Software do you use?   What Graphic Software do you use? EmptySun Feb 24, 2008 11:33 am

I use The Gimp, the latest version
Back to top Go down
lilacmoon
VIP
VIP
lilacmoon

Female
Number of posts : 950
What Graphic Software do you use? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100What Graphic Software do you use? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-10-11

PostSubject: Re: What Graphic Software do you use?   What Graphic Software do you use? EmptySun Feb 24, 2008 12:30 pm

ermmm wat ? lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Graphic Software do you use?   What Graphic Software do you use? EmptySun Feb 24, 2008 3:08 pm

The same program as Luky n_n
Except the name is "The Gimp" although most people, Luky included, simply call it "Gimp"
Back to top Go down
Luky
Admin
Admin
Luky

Male
Number of posts : 4090
What Graphic Software do you use? Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100What Graphic Software do you use? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-08-01

PostSubject: Re: What Graphic Software do you use?   What Graphic Software do you use? EmptySun Feb 24, 2008 5:50 pm

My bad, I will call it "The GIMP" from now on
Back to top Go down
MissGeek
Established Member
Established Member

Female
Number of posts : 82

Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Re: What Graphic Software do you use?   What Graphic Software do you use? EmptyWed May 21, 2008 3:23 am

Like Luky and Caihlem, I use The GIMP, since two years already.

Version : 2.2.17 on XP, 2.4 on Ubuntu
Back to top Go down
hellboy
Established Member
Established Member
hellboy

Male
Number of posts : 151
What Graphic Software do you use? Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100What Graphic Software do you use? Right_bar_bleue

Mood : What Graphic Software do you use? 2510
Registration date : 2008-07-13

PostSubject: Re: What Graphic Software do you use?   What Graphic Software do you use? EmptyThu Jul 17, 2008 9:31 am

I use photoshop cs3 extended, The GIMP and inkscape....
but gimp is a really nice programm it's nearly as good as ps Peace
Back to top Go down
M.D
Established Member
Established Member
M.D

Male
Number of posts : 137

Mood : What Graphic Software do you use? 1210
Registration date : 2008-06-25

PostSubject: Re: What Graphic Software do you use?   What Graphic Software do you use? EmptyThu Jul 17, 2008 9:36 am

Photoshop CS2 & Paint Big Grin
Back to top Go down
MissGeek
Established Member
Established Member

Female
Number of posts : 82

Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Re: What Graphic Software do you use?   What Graphic Software do you use? EmptyFri Jul 18, 2008 1:51 am

Update : Since I'm on Ubuntu 99% of the time, I'll only mention the ones installed under this OS

- GIMP 2.4.5 for bitmap 2D graphics
- Inkscape 0.46 for vector graphics (drawing, export from vector to bitmap, etc.)
Back to top Go down
cclloyd9785

Male
Number of posts : 5

Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: What Graphic Software do you use?   What Graphic Software do you use? EmptyMon Jul 21, 2008 6:29 pm

All of teh above.
Back to top Go down
Nessa
Admin
Admin
Nessa

Female

PostSubject: Re: What Graphic Software do you use?   What Graphic Software do you use? EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 5:16 pm

cclloyd9785 wrote:
All of teh above.

But which do you like best. I recently just for kicks Dl'd The Gimp 2 to see what all the hubub was about and It was just not working for me somehow. The whole 2 seperate thingys threw me off completely. I Love My PSP X2 best. Big Grin
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Graphic Software do you use?   What Graphic Software do you use? EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 5:21 pm

cclloyd9785 wrote:
All of teh above.

*coughs*
Sorry, but I find this extremely hard to swallow
It doesn't make any sense to use several programs for the same objective. Especially when we take into account that Gimp users hate photoshop users and vice versa
Back to top Go down
Tim
Established Member
Established Member
Tim

Male
Number of posts : 156

Registration date : 2008-07-25

PostSubject: Re: What Graphic Software do you use?   What Graphic Software do you use? EmptyMon Aug 04, 2008 4:47 pm

I use Paint.NET, i agree with Nessa, i don't like the seperate bits of Gimp
Back to top Go down
http://www.stuff.darkbb.com
Jalokim
Established Member
Established Member
Jalokim

Male
Number of posts : 59

Mood : What Graphic Software do you use? 1910
Registration date : 2008-08-15

PostSubject: Re: What Graphic Software do you use?   What Graphic Software do you use? EmptySat Aug 16, 2008 7:00 am

Well as a (professional) graphics designer I go 1 way.
Adobe Photoshop CS3.
As Nessa mentioned, photoshop isn't easy to learn ... but once the program is harnessed then you will not look back at any graphics program. I know from my own experience.
And caihlem , i believe said that gimps don't like PS users and vice versa. well it is like that for most people.
I've been there and back... so here's the low down.

Gimp... is an easier program to use ... with very similar abilities to PS. but the gimp actually takes shortcuts ... it makes the graphics... it can even make them look nice... but it lacks the tools to perfect and manage the graphics material. I know I'm not making to much sense... but what I'm saying is that Gimp makes graphics like a wolf in sheep's clothing. It can look really, really good... but inside you still got the wolf. Its like them models with ten tons of powder on their face. they look sexy... until they go wash at night.

PS... is a pain, at first. I after 4 years am still learning new things. tutorials are one thing.... but it doesn't teach all. But
and its a big But.
photoshop creates graphics... no shortcuts, no masks, no makeup. graphics made in PS are easier to manage if you need to make alterations later.
it has more power and tools then you can expect... many of these tools are hidden and you actually need to know your way around PS to use them. and thats what turns some people down... they open photoshop and expect everything on a silver platter... but they don't realise that the power is in the furnace not in the ventalation shaft. So they switch it off and say its a useless program.

that is the only reason, there are so many quarrels about the best graphics program. But lets face it... when will a freeware match a paid software? Its got a price for a reason... and i can truely say... that every penny saved for PS was well worth it.

So say what you wish... i have no problems with gimp users... its thier choice... but it takes a bit of initiative ... and a couple months of learning to realise which program is better
Back to top Go down
cclloyd9785

Male
Number of posts : 5

Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: What Graphic Software do you use?   What Graphic Software do you use? EmptySat Aug 16, 2008 11:47 pm

i use a combo to make advanced graphics of all of adobe

DreamWeaver CS3 Pro
Flash CS3 Pro
Photoshop CS3 Pro Extended
After Effects CS4 Beta
Back to top Go down
Max™
Power Member
Power Member

Male
Number of posts : 523

Mood : What Graphic Software do you use? 1410
Registration date : 2007-10-18

PostSubject: Re: What Graphic Software do you use?   What Graphic Software do you use? EmptySun Aug 17, 2008 11:13 am

im not heavily into it, i only have 1 of them small image displayer with its few tools,
its called Firestone,
but i did get hold of Paint Shop Pro 9 for my sister, as she is a card designer and loves it.
Back to top Go down
Tim
Established Member
Established Member
Tim

Male

PostSubject: Re: What Graphic Software do you use?   What Graphic Software do you use? EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 6:12 am

cclloyd9785 wrote:
i use a combo to make advanced graphics of all of adobe

DreamWeaver CS3 Pro
Flash CS3 Pro
Photoshop CS3 Pro Extended
After Effects CS4 Beta

That must have costed a bit Shocked
Back to top Go down
Jalokim
Established Member
Established Member
Jalokim

Male
Number of posts : 59

Mood : What Graphic Software do you use? 1910
Registration date : 2008-08-15

PostSubject: Re: What Graphic Software do you use?   What Graphic Software do you use? EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 2:43 pm

actually ... no
adobe has a great "Adobe masters collection" .. it has all cs3 products in one
Back to top Go down
Bad Wolf
Bad Wolf

Female
Number of posts : 268

Mood : What Graphic Software do you use? 7510
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: What Graphic Software do you use?   What Graphic Software do you use? EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 3:40 pm

as i still not have the money for CS3 (i do own but have not installed CS2) i use and prefer gimp .. maybe its due to the older computer i work on ...
even gimp ... the brushes i use, drain its virtual memory <_<
Back to top Go down
http://www.darkfx.com
Tim
Established Member
Established Member
Tim

Male

PostSubject: Re: What Graphic Software do you use?   What Graphic Software do you use? EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 5:50 pm

Jalokim wrote:
actually ... no
adobe has a great "Adobe masters collection" .. it has all cs3 products in one

Just because you "know" people and can get it cheap Razz

£1879 is still alot of money, however cheper than buying it individually Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Scamite
Banned
Banned

Male
Number of posts : 240
Life : What Graphic Software do you use? 44101010

Mood : What Graphic Software do you use? 3310
Registration date : 2008-08-23

PostSubject: Re: What Graphic Software do you use?   What Graphic Software do you use? EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 6:35 am

I'm a GIMP 2.4.6 user.
Back to top Go down
SophieDophs
Established Member
Established Member
SophieDophs

Female
Number of posts : 80

Registration date : 2008-11-13

PostSubject: Re: What Graphic Software do you use?   What Graphic Software do you use? EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 7:42 pm

I use Photoshop 5.5.

Just call me dinosaur lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Graphic Software do you use?   What Graphic Software do you use? Empty

Back to top Go down

What Graphic Software do you use?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Realm :: General :: The Geek Zone-
Jump to: