The Realm
Hello!
Welcome to the Realm. You are seeing this message because you are a guest. If you are already a member please login on your account, if you are visiting us for the first time please register to contribute to the forum. You will need an account in order to read the messages and to post on the forum.

Thank you for your understanding, The Realm staff
The Realm
Hello!
Welcome to the Realm. You are seeing this message because you are a guest. If you are already a member please login on your account, if you are visiting us for the first time please register to contribute to the forum. You will need an account in order to read the messages and to post on the forum.

Thank you for your understanding, The Realm staff
The Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Realm

Welcome to The Realm ~ Provehito In Altum

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Urgent ~ Virus Warning...

Go down 
+3
record4
mkerv
Nessa
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Nessa
Admin
Admin
Nessa

Female
Number of posts : 7028
Life : Urgent ~ Virus Warning... 11101010
Urgent ~ Virus Warning... Left_bar_bleue35 / 10035 / 100Urgent ~ Virus Warning... Right_bar_bleue

Mood : Urgent ~ Virus Warning... 5310
Registration date : 2007-07-20

Urgent ~ Virus Warning... Empty
PostSubject: Urgent ~ Virus Warning...   Urgent ~ Virus Warning... EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 10:01 am

Just a heads up here, I have been informed of a new virus that is being sent out Via Email that can potentially destroy your C drive if opened.

You should be aware within the next few days, DO NOT open any message with an attachment titled "Invitation" or "Post card" regardless of who has sent it to you. It is a virus which opens an Olympic Torch or a Postcard Image , which Burns the whole hard disk C of your computer. This virus will be recieved by someone who has your email on his/her contact list.

This is the worst virus announced by CNN. It has been classified by Mircosoft as the most destructive virus ever. This virus was discovered yesterday by McAfee, and there is no repair yet for this new virus. The virus simply destroys the Zero Sector of the Hard Disk where the vital information is kept.

So please if you recieve an email like this, even from some one you know, do not open it! And shut down your computer immediatly.

Please pass this on and tell your friends and family of this new virus threat. Wink

You can read more about this virus ~~> Here
Back to top Go down
https://therealm.forumotion.com/
mkerv
Power Member
Power Member
mkerv

Male
Number of posts : 364
Urgent ~ Virus Warning... Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Urgent ~ Virus Warning... Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Urgent ~ Virus Warning...   Urgent ~ Virus Warning... EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 10:50 am

Sorry nessa, checked it out on snopes http://www.snopes.com/computer/virus/invitation.asp
seems to be a hoax.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/mkerv
record4
record4

Male
Number of posts : 251
Urgent ~ Virus Warning... Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Urgent ~ Virus Warning... Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Urgent ~ Virus Warning...   Urgent ~ Virus Warning... EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 11:31 am

If you receive an email entitled "Bedtimes," delete it IMMEDIATELY. Do not open it. Apparently this one is pretty nasty. It will not only erase everything on your hard drive, but it will also delete anything on floppy disks within 20 feet of your computer. It demagnetizes the stripes on all your credit cards. It reprograms your ATM access code, screws up the tracking on your VCR, and uses subspace field harmonics to scratch any CD's you attempt to play. It will program the auto dial on your phone so that you can call only 1-800 numbers. This virus will also mix antifreeze with water in your fish tank.

IT WILL CAUSE YOUR TOILET TO FLUSH WHILE YOU ARE SHOWERING. It will drink ALL your beer. FOR GOD'S SAKE, ARE YOU LISTENING??

It will leave dirty underwear on the coffee table when you are expecting Company. It will replace your shampoo with Nair, and your Nair with Rogaine. If the "Bedtimes" message is opened in a Windows ME/XP environment, it will leave the toilet seat up, and leave your hair dryer plugged in dangerously close to a bathtub filled with water. It will not only remove the forbidden tags from your mattresses and pillows, it will also refill your skim milk with whole milk.

******* WARN AS MANY PEOPLE AS YOU CAN. *******

If you don't share this with 5,000 people in 20 seconds, you'll fart so hard that your right leg will spasm and shoot straight out in front of you, sending sparks that will ignite the person nearest you. Share this to everyone you know.

If you are a blonde, this is a joke.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedrunkidiots.com
Nessa
Admin
Admin
Nessa

Female
Urgent ~ Virus Warning... Left_bar_bleue35 / 10035 / 100Urgent ~ Virus Warning... Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Urgent ~ Virus Warning...   Urgent ~ Virus Warning... EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 11:35 am

Gus that was funny. LOL Goof! kiss
Back to top Go down
Nessa
Admin
Admin
Nessa

Female

PostSubject: Re: Urgent ~ Virus Warning...   Urgent ~ Virus Warning... EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 11:40 am

mkerv wrote:
Sorry nessa, checked it out on snopes http://www.snopes.com/computer/virus/invitation.asp
seems to be a hoax.

Hmm, Well Then the invitation one is junk. Wham Misinformed again. LOL But the Postcard one is a real virus I think, Look ~~>Here Chin

I just don't get why people would do this to others, what are they gaining from it exactly besides the obvious destruction factor? Shrug
Back to top Go down
mkerv
Power Member
Power Member
mkerv

Male
Number of posts : 364

Registration date : 2007-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Urgent ~ Virus Warning...   Urgent ~ Virus Warning... EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 4:30 pm

I did find some info on a postcard virus at mcafee, and snopes has one as well.
http://www.snopes.com/computer/virus/postcard.asp
real deal.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/mkerv
valhalla
Banned
Banned
valhalla

Male
Number of posts : 1456

Registration date : 2007-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Urgent ~ Virus Warning...   Urgent ~ Virus Warning... EmptyThu Feb 28, 2008 6:04 am

hmmm, nowadays you never know whether they mean what they say. hmmm, but been getting a lot of invitations lately
Back to top Go down
Nessa
Admin
Admin
Nessa

Female

PostSubject: Re: Urgent ~ Virus Warning...   Urgent ~ Virus Warning... EmptyThu Feb 28, 2008 10:27 am

You can never be to careful now with such attachments being sent through emails nowadays. It's better to be safe then sorry. Wink
Back to top Go down
Skittles
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Skittles

Female
Number of posts : 952

Mood : Urgent ~ Virus Warning... 410
Registration date : 2008-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Urgent ~ Virus Warning...   Urgent ~ Virus Warning... EmptyThu Mar 13, 2008 6:56 am

Working with the computer security community, it is always best not to bother with any of them. If you are in doubt go straight to snopes.com. and figure it out.

If you are ever in doubt of downloading a program to protect your computer but you don't know if it too is a hoax, and actually the bad guys, then I suggest you check this site.

http://www.spywarewarrior.com/rogue_anti-spyware.htm#products
It has a full list of all the rogue software's out there. This way you can detemine if a product is CrapWare.

Oh and record4, I thought this virus you mentioned above also walks the dog but refuses to pick up after it, too.
Back to top Go down
Nessa
Admin
Admin
Nessa

Female

PostSubject: Re: Urgent ~ Virus Warning...   Urgent ~ Virus Warning... EmptyThu Mar 13, 2008 12:59 pm

Skittles, Caihlem sent me a virus on MSN one day and scared the bejesus outta me hun. I turned my computer off immediately.. Lil Bugger. It was just a smilie though. Rofl
Back to top Go down
Camulus
VIP
VIP
Camulus

Male
Number of posts : 1281

Mood : Urgent ~ Virus Warning... 4610
Registration date : 2008-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Urgent ~ Virus Warning...   Urgent ~ Virus Warning... EmptyThu Mar 13, 2008 11:30 pm

Symantec, the people of Norton, is saying it's a hoax as well.
Back to top Go down
Skittles
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Skittles

Female

PostSubject: Re: Urgent ~ Virus Warning...   Urgent ~ Virus Warning... EmptyFri Mar 14, 2008 12:01 am

Nessa wrote:
Skittles, Caihlem sent me a virus on MSN one day and scared the bejesus outta me hun. I turned my computer off immediately.. Lil Bugger. It was just a smilie though. Rofl

Ahhh the MSN image or photo virus scam!

It usually comes from a simple request from someone in your list who is infected to download a picture or image. without second guessing it, you download it. The scary thought is that you don't notice that it is an executable file until it's too late. After this, it will send the same scam virus to each person who is currently ONLINE in your msn list.

And yes it does scare you quite a bit. I was infected with that one and I should have KNOWN better since I deal with this stuff all the time. But sometimes they can trick even the most alert people.

Oh and Camulus,

Symantec?? I'm sorry.... lol Actually I am shocked they were able to realize it was a hoax. How many days did they have???? Haha! Sorry but I have no respect for their products. You would not believe how many infected people coming in to the free maleare control and asking for help to clean out there things.
Back to top Go down
Camulus
VIP
VIP
Camulus

Male
Number of posts : 1281

Mood : Urgent ~ Virus Warning... 4610
Registration date : 2008-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Urgent ~ Virus Warning...   Urgent ~ Virus Warning... EmptyFri Mar 14, 2008 12:10 am

I don't use any of their products either. I used them in the past and changed
to something better. I
still get their newsletters in my Email.

I use Avast! Now. I think it works better than Norton.
Back to top Go down
Colicab
Established Member
Established Member
Colicab

Male
Number of posts : 121

Registration date : 2007-11-02

PostSubject: Re: Urgent ~ Virus Warning...   Urgent ~ Virus Warning... EmptyWed Mar 26, 2008 1:28 am

I use avast as well....

Email virus that will pulvurize your drive C is a bit unreal coz a virus needs to penetrate the system first before it does your dirty job...

If you see a postcard in your email, just take a peek inside and if it asks you to click some URL or something then its a virus... IM viruses though tend to be more difficult to block coz the ones who send it to you are the same UN of your friends list... but it can easily be detected anyway if the message that you recieved is asking you to click or open something...

don't fret... its just a hoax...
Back to top Go down
Skittles
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Skittles

Female

PostSubject: Re: Urgent ~ Virus Warning...   Urgent ~ Virus Warning... EmptyWed Mar 26, 2008 2:08 am

Yeah I think I am gonna switch over to Avast now too, from AVG. It appears that AVG is following Ad-Aware to the "darkside".

Their newest version comes with the Ask.com toolbar. Altho you can supposebly choose not to install it if you custom install, (altho some ppl experienced it installing regardless), not all users know enough about computers to choose the custom install when the default install is recommended.

I HATE toolbars, especially ones that are auto installed. Products who decide to have these type of toolbars stand the chance of making A LOT of money. Fortunately, we have people such as Bill, the creator of WinPatrol who still has a conscience and refuses to go where there is more money, and compromise his integrity and reputation of one who is dedicated to having a good product that does not contain spyware, which is what his product is all about.

Avast has always been my second recommendation, but I always chose AVG because of the fact that it uses a tad bit less resources than Avast does. But I don't think it's a huge difference.
Back to top Go down
Colicab
Established Member
Established Member
Colicab

Male
Number of posts : 121

Registration date : 2007-11-02

PostSubject: Re: Urgent ~ Virus Warning...   Urgent ~ Virus Warning... EmptyWed Mar 26, 2008 5:29 pm

^

I'm a former AVG user and I say it ain't really that shabby. It's light on your computer and is good in PREVENTING viruses from attacking, taking out of your system is a different thing tho...

I just switched to Avast because there's a certain online game that I play that AVG suddenly pinpointed as a virus after yet another update. SO I was like forced... haha...

In any case, I good anti-virus should always be paired with a good anti-spyware, like Comodo or spybot...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Urgent ~ Virus Warning...   Urgent ~ Virus Warning... Empty

Back to top Go down

Urgent ~ Virus Warning...
Page 1 of 1