The Realm
Hello!
Welcome to the Realm. You are seeing this message because you are a guest. If you are already a member please login on your account, if you are visiting us for the first time please register to contribute to the forum. You will need an account in order to read the messages and to post on the forum.

Thank you for your understanding, The Realm staff
The Realm
Hello!
Welcome to the Realm. You are seeing this message because you are a guest. If you are already a member please login on your account, if you are visiting us for the first time please register to contribute to the forum. You will need an account in order to read the messages and to post on the forum.

Thank you for your understanding, The Realm staff
The Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Realm

Welcome to The Realm ~ Provehito In Altum

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

America's Gun Control Debate

Go down 
+2
Kilsek
ONECRUNCH
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

America's Gun Control Debate - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: America's Gun Control Debate   America's Gun Control Debate - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 10:14 am

First topic message reminder :

America's Gun Control Debate - Page 2 49811135_3f374c011f_m

American's Gun Control Debate

0. Quick Warnings
This topic will most probably have statements which you will not appreciate. We remind you that you are not forced to enter, let alone post. If you do so, please keep courteous and develop your points. Posts which do not respect this will simply be removed, and the member warned.

I. Brief Historical Introduction
Gun Culture as it's called, is believed to date back since the end of the American Revolutionary War in 1783. At the time, there was no budget or governmental will to hold a permanent army. All male adults could be mandated for services in the militia, where the were expected to bring their own guns and ammunitions. Also, at the same time, hunting was a necessity...

II. The day of today...
We're now the 21st Century, and the world, including America, is separated with regards to the Gun Culture. Some say it's their safety, a way of protecting themselves and their loved ones. Others say that guns are dangerous and that they should be prohibited....
Even within America, there are those who protest, sometimes violently, against guns, as well as those who call it a "God Given Right"

III. Where you come in
What are you're views about the laws in America concerning Gun Politics. Do you think they are a danger to humans? Or rather a safety for those who use them?
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
mkerv
Power Member
Power Member
mkerv

Male
Number of posts : 364
America's Gun Control Debate - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100America's Gun Control Debate - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-08-14

PostSubject: Re: America's Gun Control Debate   America's Gun Control Debate - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 9:42 am

I could go out to Patersons, but to shoot rifle or pistol i would still need a good back stop (too many warehouses and houses around), but i could take a shotgun out there if i wanted. They're building a warehouse on Hightstown Cranbury Station Rd. where I used to shoot alot. It's not like back in the day where we just went out back and had open fields. I could go out to Assumpink and shoot shotgun or rifle there too. they have a spot for target practice....but I don't think you can bring handguns.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/mkerv

PostSubject: Re: America's Gun Control Debate   America's Gun Control Debate - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 7:48 pm

Sooo much stuff to comment on in my long absence. (Finally got my OWN computer!) Foremost in my mind is ONECRUNCH(but the eggplant Big Grin ) finally getting some steel. And what a fine weapon you chose. Beretta has a fine legacy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: America's Gun Control Debate   America's Gun Control Debate - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 5:20 am

mkerv wrote:
In NJ
Youth Licenses
Properly licensed youth hunters (resident & non-resident) aged 10–13 may hunt only when accompanied by a properly licensed adult aged 21 or older. Youths, 15 years of age and under, are able to hunt and trap for free, provided they have passed a Hunter Education course. Youth Licenses are valid from time of issuance until end of the year the holder turns 16. More information is available on the Youth License page.

For large game the smallest shotgun you may use is a 20 ga., the largest is 10 ga., and buckshot or slugs must be used. No rifles for hunting deer in NJ. I like slugs myself. For small game you may use a .410.

Yo mkerv! What's up my friend! Dude, You'd have kittens walking into a gun shop down here. FN's P90(obviously not full auto, but still Shocked Big Grin ), good old AR's and AK's by the truckload. This might be Oz, 'cause it's damn sure not Jersey. You really wouldn't believe it. And I like the way they do it down here with concealed carry. It's kind of like Texas, except you have to keep it hidden, not in a outside-the-pants holster. And getting the concealed permit is easy-two hour class, a little shooting test and a small fee. Lots of people(CMez has his and told me there are almost 400k people in Orlando with one)in Florida have it. LOTS.

It's a shame New Jersey is becoming an even tighter-ashed, puckered-up sphincter full of widdle puddy-tats afraid of life and the world. Responsible shooting(or even mostly responsible, cough, cough, mkerv) is one of the most enjoyable, invigorating experiences in which a person can take part. The challenge of, say shooting the head on a coin at 100 meters(show 'em my handiwork, ONECRUNCH) is so high, the satisfaction of doing it is hard to beat. I think lots of people would enjoy the honing of such a precision skill if they weren't exposed to guns in such a negative manner (read as over-the-top gun-bashing mainstream media) all the time. So go out and get yourself some firepower and enjoy!!
Yee-Hah!
Back to top Go down
mkerv
Power Member
Power Member
mkerv

Male
America's Gun Control Debate - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100America's Gun Control Debate - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: America's Gun Control Debate   America's Gun Control Debate - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 4:28 pm

It's crazy. I can do the class up here and get a Fl permit. It's good in PA but not here. It's about $180 all said and done for something I can't really use, but I know a few people that have. Right now I just don't have (haven't made) time to play. Plus ammo is expensive. Last time I did go, I did better than I thought. I busted out the laser sight but it attracted too many ooohs and ahhhs. I can still shoot without it. Just no smiley faces at 25 yds.
Back to top Go down
Scamite
Banned
Banned

Male
Number of posts : 240
Life : America's Gun Control Debate - Page 2 44101010

Mood : America's Gun Control Debate - Page 2 3310
Registration date : 2008-08-23

PostSubject: Re: America's Gun Control Debate   America's Gun Control Debate - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 8:40 pm

I know this is not US or anything.

But here in NZ just recently a high speed pursuit was initiated with police chasing a man armed with a sawn-off .22 rifle. The pursuit lead police through several suburbs and onto the motorway.

The Armed Offenders Squad (AOS (NZ's equivalent of SWAT) were called in. The gunman crashed his car, then jumped over the barrier into oncoming traffic where he attempted to take jack a mans truck. Five shots were fired by the AOS, with one hitting an innocent bystander, killing him.

It's tragic yes, but I don't particulary have a problem with the way the Police and AOS handled the situation. Shots had previously been fired by the offender, so police needed to apprehend him. The innocent guy shot was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

For the full story and images of the incident, click here
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: America's Gun Control Debate   America's Gun Control Debate - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 6:12 pm

Sawn rifle, a sad classic...
I don't know what the advantage or utility of this is

However, I find it shocking that you can just say: "oh well, wrong place wrong time". How can this be normal?
Guaranteed one of my blood gets shot "oh, by accident - too bad" - guaranteed I'll get a gun and shoot you myself police or not
Back to top Go down
mkerv
Power Member
Power Member
mkerv

Male

PostSubject: Re: America's Gun Control Debate   America's Gun Control Debate - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 8:44 am

I think the biggest problem with the gun control debate is people who are anti gun feel creating more laws will cut down on gun violence. However, most of the guns used in crimes are purchesed illegally, and obtained by criminals who wouldn't care if there was a complete ban on firearms. However the law abiding citizen is the one who ends up paying the price for the unlawfull actions of the few. it is unfortunate that criminals have such easy access to firearms, but another law will not prevent that, only bettter enforcement of existing laws. I bring this up because in Philly, another police officer just lost his life to a gunshot. The suspect was a career criminal whos only intention was to kill the officer. Mayor Nutter's solution is to create more laws. Paper laws would not have stopped this person, he had no regard for another humans life (or most likely his own) and that is the big problem. I am sorry for this officers family suffering, and could not imagine what they must be going through. Blame the people who break the laws, not the tool they use to break it with.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: America's Gun Control Debate   America's Gun Control Debate - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 6:12 pm

Hum...

I must admit you catch me back-handed. I hadn't thought of a harder application of current laws. It's true now that you mention it that there is indeed room for improvement here
Back to top Go down
ONECRUNCH

Male
Number of posts : 202

Mood : America's Gun Control Debate - Page 2 6510
Registration date : 2007-10-25

PostSubject: Re: America's Gun Control Debate   America's Gun Control Debate - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 11, 2009 9:18 pm

If any debat is needed it is a people debate. Not a gun debate. People kill people, not guns. Guns or no guns people will be killed at the same rate, just a fact of life.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: America's Gun Control Debate   America's Gun Control Debate - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 12, 2009 9:53 am

Same rate I'm not sure

You can't have a bunch of gansters drive up and kill everyone in site with crossbows, knifes, swords or similar. But with guns it's almost too easy; out with the arm, force applied on the trigger, and observing the death
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: America's Gun Control Debate   America's Gun Control Debate - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 5:44 pm

Idiot U_U

Slave abolishment
check your facts before blasting your head off and filling our ears with rear ends
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: America's Gun Control Debate   America's Gun Control Debate - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

America's Gun Control Debate
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2