The Realm
Hello!
Welcome to the Realm. You are seeing this message because you are a guest. If you are already a member please login on your account, if you are visiting us for the first time please register to contribute to the forum. You will need an account in order to read the messages and to post on the forum.

Thank you for your understanding, The Realm staff
The Realm
Hello!
Welcome to the Realm. You are seeing this message because you are a guest. If you are already a member please login on your account, if you are visiting us for the first time please register to contribute to the forum. You will need an account in order to read the messages and to post on the forum.

Thank you for your understanding, The Realm staff
The Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Realm

Welcome to The Realm ~ Provehito In Altum

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

poetry themed contest!

Go down 
+2
Nessa
valhalla
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
valhalla
Banned
Banned
valhalla

Male
Number of posts : 1456
poetry themed contest! Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100poetry themed contest! Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-08-03

poetry themed contest! Empty
PostSubject: poetry themed contest!   poetry themed contest! EmptyTue Mar 04, 2008 5:31 pm

so yeah....thaught it was time for another contest (only this time, i want responses!). the contest is a poetry themed contest, the theme will be the sights, smells, and sounds of summer.

the rules:

please post your submitions, (1 per member) to the thread that i am currently posting in. on sunday, at 4.00 florida time, so 9 in the evening UK time, i will close submitions, and put up a voting pole, where you can vote for what ever poem you liked the best (no voting for your own)

on tuesday, 4.00 florida time, i will close the voting and anounce the people that came first and second place. then, those 2 people will go head to head, posting an original peece of poetry by you...could be anything you like.

on friday, 4.00 florida time, i will open up the votes again, so you can vote for who's poem you like the best.

finally, on sunday, i will anounce the overall winner, and the points will be awarded.

good luck all....
Back to top Go down
Nessa
Admin
Admin
Nessa

Female
Number of posts : 7028
Life : poetry themed contest! 11101010
poetry themed contest! Left_bar_bleue35 / 10035 / 100poetry themed contest! Right_bar_bleue

Mood : poetry themed contest! 5310
Registration date : 2007-07-20

PostSubject: Re: poetry themed contest!   poetry themed contest! EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 12:17 am

Great contest time again. Big Grin I have an idea ,Daniel. I'll PM it to you hun. props
Back to top Go down
https://therealm.forumotion.com/
valhalla
Banned
Banned
valhalla

Male
poetry themed contest! Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100poetry themed contest! Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: poetry themed contest!   poetry themed contest! EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 5:14 am

okay y'all...slight change, please can you send all entries to me via PM, and not post them in this thread. thanks
Back to top Go down
valhalla
Banned
Banned
valhalla

Male

PostSubject: Re: poetry themed contest!   poetry themed contest! EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 10:19 am

update: 1 poem is now officially in the contest. but, i have 2 others, and am waiting for conformation from the user in question about what one to use
Back to top Go down
valhalla
Banned
Banned
valhalla

Male

PostSubject: Re: poetry themed contest!   poetry themed contest! EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 1:31 pm

okay...2 poems confirmed. Smile
Back to top Go down
valhalla
Banned
Banned
valhalla

Male

PostSubject: Re: poetry themed contest!   poetry themed contest! EmptyMon Mar 10, 2008 10:03 am

update: due to some technical problems with my acount, the contest will be extended. i've also heard another user wants to take part, so will wait to see if they post. will post up the voting wednesday night, i hope if nothing else goes wrong
Back to top Go down
Nessa
Admin
Admin
Nessa

Female
poetry themed contest! Left_bar_bleue35 / 10035 / 100poetry themed contest! Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: poetry themed contest!   poetry themed contest! EmptyMon Mar 10, 2008 10:14 am

I'm sorry about the technical issue we had here Daniel. I hope we can get everything going smooth now props
Back to top Go down
valhalla
Banned
Banned
valhalla

Male

PostSubject: Re: poetry themed contest!   poetry themed contest! EmptyMon Mar 10, 2008 4:28 pm

so, here we go. 2 poems to vote on. please private message me with iver "poem 1" for the first, or "poem 2" for the second.

Ah, summer at last
Victory of light
Failure of the dark

Light's power; all the sun
Hapiness in the air
Oh the beauty of it all

Failure of the dark?
A strategic retreat

For once light has faded
And heat & joy die out
What is left?

Remnants of hope; shadows
The dark reborn
And alone to govern
Back to top Go down
valhalla
Banned
Banned
valhalla

Male

PostSubject: Re: poetry themed contest!   poetry themed contest! EmptyMon Mar 10, 2008 4:30 pm

here's the other choice.

Lost Summer

I have dreamt about our summer together
The way you smile under the hot summer sun
The sandy beaches filled with happy playful faces
Surrounded by the sound of the oceans tranquill bliss.

Images of us laying on the beach
The suns warmth bathing us
Your hand in mine
As we share the melting Ice cream quickly
Ever so sweet the taste of what could be

Bonfires and music
Swaying to the rythem of the night
I watch the fire dance in your eyes
So lost in you
The cool night breeze captivating us
As you hold me close..

Summer is near
I crave the summer rain
To wash away these images
Of all that was never meant to be..

Summer is coming
Will the sun shine for me
Or will the clouds set in forever
Without you...

remember, no voting for your own. lol.....results wednesday
Back to top Go down
Luky
Admin
Admin
Luky

Male
Number of posts : 4090
poetry themed contest! Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100poetry themed contest! Right_bar_bleue

Mood : poetry themed contest! 410
Registration date : 2007-08-01

PostSubject: Re: poetry themed contest!   poetry themed contest! EmptyMon Mar 10, 2008 5:20 pm

Why not make a poll about it so people can vote for Poem 1 or Poem 2? That way you don't have to keep count of the PM's you receive. If you don't know how to make a poll let me know and I will make it for you Wink
Back to top Go down
valhalla
Banned
Banned
valhalla

Male

PostSubject: Re: poetry themed contest!   poetry themed contest! EmptyMon Mar 10, 2008 5:46 pm

oh, i can do poles. i have done quite a few of them here before, but i am doing it this way. firstly because it's my contest, so i can do it how i want, and secondly it's more like an american idol type process, and no one knows who's winning until i anounce it. sorry, but good idea anyway
Back to top Go down
valhalla
Banned
Banned
valhalla

Male

PostSubject: Re: poetry themed contest!   poetry themed contest! EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 1:41 pm

okay y'all.....that's it. all closed!. thanks to the people that took part, both in the poem writing and the voting.

i can now reveal, that the 2 writers were "caihlem" for poem 1, and "nessa" for poem 2.

before i anounce who won, here's my view of the 2 poems:

poem 1 looked like a lot of time was spent on it, and also i thaught when i read it, it might be published in a poetry book, you know, one of those poets of the century type thing.

as for poem 2, i really felt that it was summer time, and the pictures were so vivid.

the people that voted, were myself, nessa, and 129 jo. here's how the voting went::

nessa....voted for cailum obviously. lol!. not really any choice in the matter.

now for me, my vote went to nessa (for such vivid pictures).

so, all down to 129 jo....

and the winner is....

wait for it....

you ready....

nessa!. Smile. well done, i guess you will have to award yourself points now, though i don't actually think you need them...you're admin, you can do anything!.

as for cailum, better luck next time, though it was still such an awsome poem, i think you deserve at least a few points...do the deal nessa, haha.

all that's left for me to say now, is keep your eye on this forum, for a new contest coming soon!

also, the idea thread is still there, so post what you want to see
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: poetry themed contest!   poetry themed contest! EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 2:08 pm

I demand a recount poetry themed contest! Redface

What? No proof? The Admin won?
Oh well, seconds not a bad place LOL

Congratulations Nessa you did have a nice poem Smile

(Valhalla: Don't make me blush Blush )
Back to top Go down
valhalla
Banned
Banned
valhalla

Male

PostSubject: Re: poetry themed contest!   poetry themed contest! EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 2:11 pm

Caihlem wrote:
I demand a recount poetry themed contest! Redface

What? No proof? The Admin won?
Oh well, seconds not a bad place LOL

Congratulations Nessa you did have a nice poem Smile

(Valhalla: Don't make me blush Blush )

hahaha, i won't. :d. just leaves nessa to give you some points...
Back to top Go down
Nessa
Admin
Admin
Nessa

Female

PostSubject: Re: poetry themed contest!   poetry themed contest! EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 4:01 pm

Wow. I won. I never won a poem contest before.. tehe thanx Smile And thanx to everyone who participated. We need more contestants for the next one

Caihlem, I think your poem was great too. hug

I don't really think I need the points tho.. LOL

* Shoot! Realizes I didnt even create the new points bar yet and runs off to the Admin panel * Blush
Back to top Go down
129joe
VIP
VIP
129joe

Male
Number of posts : 2240
poetry themed contest! Left_bar_bleue60 / 10060 / 100poetry themed contest! Right_bar_bleue

Mood : poetry themed contest! 3610
Registration date : 2008-01-02

PostSubject: Re: poetry themed contest!   poetry themed contest! EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 8:40 pm

Congrats to both of you,

I'm only sorry I didn't have time to create a poem myself!

Maybe next time.
Back to top Go down
Camulus
VIP
VIP
Camulus

Male
Number of posts : 1281

Mood : poetry themed contest! 4610
Registration date : 2008-01-23

PostSubject: Re: poetry themed contest!   poetry themed contest! EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 9:23 pm

I thought they were both great. props
Back to top Go down
Nessa
Admin
Admin
Nessa

Female

PostSubject: Re: poetry themed contest!   poetry themed contest! EmptyThu Mar 13, 2008 12:31 pm

Thanx Guys, come on join in with us next time. Don't make me go up against him alone again * gets scared * ( He's a poetic genuis in denial) I swear... Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: poetry themed contest!   poetry themed contest! EmptyThu Mar 13, 2008 2:08 pm

I'm not a poet, let alone a genius in denial O_o
Back to top Go down
Luky
Admin
Admin
Luky

Male
poetry themed contest! Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100poetry themed contest! Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: poetry themed contest!   poetry themed contest! EmptyThu Mar 13, 2008 2:59 pm

Congratulations to you both props great poems
Back to top Go down
Nessa
Admin
Admin
Nessa

Female

PostSubject: Re: poetry themed contest!   poetry themed contest! EmptyThu Mar 13, 2008 4:19 pm

Caihlem wrote:
I'm not a poet, let alone a genius in denial O_o

See, perfect example. ~ Denial! Shrug

Thanx Luky.. Next time join in hun. kiss
Back to top Go down
Luky
Admin
Admin
Luky

Male

PostSubject: Re: poetry themed contest!   poetry themed contest! EmptyThu Mar 13, 2008 4:35 pm

Nessa wrote:
Thanx Luky.. Next time join in hun. kiss
If O were a poet writer i would have but since I'm not i would have to decline Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: poetry themed contest!   poetry themed contest! EmptyThu Mar 13, 2008 4:43 pm

In any case, I demand a new contest poetry themed contest! Redface Smile
Back to top Go down
129joe
VIP
VIP
129joe

Male
Number of posts : 2240
poetry themed contest! Left_bar_bleue60 / 10060 / 100poetry themed contest! Right_bar_bleue

Mood : poetry themed contest! 3610
Registration date : 2008-01-02

PostSubject: Re: poetry themed contest!   poetry themed contest! EmptyThu Mar 13, 2008 7:09 pm

Next time, can we have a longer deadline?
Back to top Go down
Nessa
Admin
Admin
Nessa

Female

PostSubject: Re: poetry themed contest!   poetry themed contest! EmptyFri Mar 14, 2008 11:17 am

Yeah, I wonder what Daniel has in store for the next contest now. And the deadlines are also decided by him so maybe we can request longer durations. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: poetry themed contest!   poetry themed contest! Empty

Back to top Go down

poetry themed contest!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next