The Realm
Hello!
Welcome to the Realm. You are seeing this message because you are a guest. If you are already a member please login on your account, if you are visiting us for the first time please register to contribute to the forum. You will need an account in order to read the messages and to post on the forum.

Thank you for your understanding, The Realm staff
The Realm
Hello!
Welcome to the Realm. You are seeing this message because you are a guest. If you are already a member please login on your account, if you are visiting us for the first time please register to contribute to the forum. You will need an account in order to read the messages and to post on the forum.

Thank you for your understanding, The Realm staff
The Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Realm

Welcome to The Realm ~ Provehito In Altum

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

view posts since last visit resetting

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Skittles
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Skittles

Female
Number of posts : 952
view posts since last visit resetting Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100view posts since last visit resetting Right_bar_bleue

Mood : view posts since last visit resetting 410
Registration date : 2008-03-08

view posts since last visit resetting Empty
PostSubject: view posts since last visit resetting   view posts since last visit resetting EmptySat Mar 22, 2008 3:13 pm

I cannot figure this out. I know that for awhile I was having this problem at the SF, but I figured it to be a glitch that seemed to be fixed, but now I am having the same problem here, but worse. And only at this forum.

I can come in, hit the View posts since last visit, and have a whole page worth of them. I will comment to a few, and then all of a sudden, they are gone!

And it's not like it timed out or reset because of inactivity or a long time. It is quite soon after I come in, and while I am in the middle of posting.

It drives me crazy cuz then I have to go to each individual forum and look at all the topics and check the dates for latest posts to see if I have seen it yet or not. GRRRRRRRRR

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?? I know it can't be anything that can be rectified thru the Admin Panel, it's probably a glitch, but just wondering if it's everyone or just a few or what.
Back to top Go down
Luky
Admin
Admin
Luky

Male
Number of posts : 4090
Life : view posts since last visit resetting 11101010
view posts since last visit resetting Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100view posts since last visit resetting Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-08-01

PostSubject: Re: view posts since last visit resetting   view posts since last visit resetting EmptySat Mar 22, 2008 5:54 pm

i don't think this can be modified but it might be easier just to look at the icons of the forums to see if new posts were made since your last visit. This icon view posts since last visit resetting F-new10 is for new posts in that topic and this one view posts since last visit resetting F-nope10 is for no new posts. This is what I do anyway.
Back to top Go down
Skittles
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Skittles

Female
view posts since last visit resetting Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100view posts since last visit resetting Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: view posts since last visit resetting   view posts since last visit resetting EmptySat Mar 22, 2008 9:29 pm

I would, but they change as well.

It's as if I leave and come back.

Yeah I know there is nothing that can be modified, I am just trying to figure out if it's going to be a tech support issue.

But it has to be a glitch. This is the first time in 3 days that I got thru the list without it resetting. woohoo scratch
Back to top Go down
Nessa
Admin
Admin
Nessa

Female
Number of posts : 7028
view posts since last visit resetting Left_bar_bleue35 / 10035 / 100view posts since last visit resetting Right_bar_bleue

Mood : view posts since last visit resetting 5310
Registration date : 2007-07-20

PostSubject: Re: view posts since last visit resetting   view posts since last visit resetting EmptySun Mar 23, 2008 2:44 am

That is pretty strange Skittles, I wish that "View posts since last visit" Kept thoses posts there till we actually read them all, not just disappear once we sign out again. That's so annoying! I miss so many posts that way. No

But it probably is a glitch, I haven't had any issues with this here like that. Chin See if it happens again today and let me know. Wink hug
Back to top Go down
https://therealm.forumotion.com/
Kilsek
Power Member
Power Member
Kilsek

Male
Number of posts : 589
Life : view posts since last visit resetting 44101010

Mood : view posts since last visit resetting 1410
Registration date : 2007-09-18

PostSubject: Re: view posts since last visit resetting   view posts since last visit resetting EmptySun Mar 23, 2008 9:08 pm

This happens a lot on forumotion. It was supposed to be fix by the tech but alas never was.

So this is nothing new but just a reoccuring problem with many sites.
Back to top Go down
Skittles
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Skittles

Female

PostSubject: Re: view posts since last visit resetting   view posts since last visit resetting EmptySun Mar 23, 2008 9:23 pm

Yeah I had that problem too at forumotion SF but I have not had the problem there for about a week, maybe less. But it was wayyyyy worse here than it was at the SF. At the SF, I could get thru most of the list before it would reset. Here I might get to 2 or 3 posts before it would reset.
Back to top Go down
Nessa
Admin
Admin
Nessa

Female
view posts since last visit resetting Left_bar_bleue35 / 10035 / 100view posts since last visit resetting Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: view posts since last visit resetting   view posts since last visit resetting EmptySun Mar 23, 2008 11:43 pm

Does that happen alot? I hope they get around to adding a feature to keep posts marked for longer then a login session. That would come in way handy I think. Smile
Back to top Go down
Skittles
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Skittles

Female

PostSubject: Re: view posts since last visit resetting   view posts since last visit resetting EmptyMon Mar 24, 2008 2:47 am

It was happening a lot. But for the past night and a half I have been able to access them wtih no problem.
Back to top Go down
Nessa
Admin
Admin
Nessa

Female

PostSubject: Re: view posts since last visit resetting   view posts since last visit resetting EmptyMon Mar 24, 2008 9:36 am

Well, let's hope it stays working then. If this problem continues, I will start a topic on the support forum about it to try and see if we can rectify this problem here. view posts since last visit resetting Nod
Back to top Go down
Luky
Admin
Admin
Luky

Male
view posts since last visit resetting Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100view posts since last visit resetting Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: view posts since last visit resetting   view posts since last visit resetting EmptyMon Mar 24, 2008 1:00 pm

This is probably a browser issue since this hasn't happened to me since I registered on the Realm or on the Support forum(English and Romanian).
Back to top Go down
valhalla
Banned
Banned
valhalla

Male
Number of posts : 1456

Registration date : 2007-08-03

PostSubject: Re: view posts since last visit resetting   view posts since last visit resetting EmptyMon Mar 24, 2008 3:29 pm

This is happening to me also, not sure what's going on here...
Back to top Go down
Nessa
Admin
Admin
Nessa

Female

PostSubject: Re: view posts since last visit resetting   view posts since last visit resetting EmptyMon Mar 24, 2008 5:35 pm

Really Daniel? Chin You too? That's not good. I'm starting to wonder how many other members this may be happening to as well. And why haven't I come across this problem before, anywhere? I just don't get it. Shrug
Back to top Go down
Skittles
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Skittles

Female

PostSubject: Re: view posts since last visit resetting   view posts since last visit resetting EmptyMon Mar 24, 2008 6:22 pm

Luky what browser are you using? I am using Firefox.

Now so far at the Support Forum for awhile now, it hasn't reset on me there. And like I said it hasn't done it here for the last couple of days. I don't know about today yet, as I just got in here.

Grrr scratch that! the SF just reset on me. But I think that was my fault. I probably took too long of a break in here and it timed out on me.

It's intermitten problems like this that are the hardest to detect or figure out.
Back to top Go down
Luky
Admin
Admin
Luky

Male

PostSubject: Re: view posts since last visit resetting   view posts since last visit resetting EmptyMon Mar 24, 2008 7:21 pm

I use Firefox as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: view posts since last visit resetting   view posts since last visit resetting Empty

Back to top Go down

view posts since last visit resetting
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Realm :: General :: Forum Questions-
Jump to: