The Realm
Hello!
Welcome to the Realm. You are seeing this message because you are a guest. If you are already a member please login on your account, if you are visiting us for the first time please register to contribute to the forum. You will need an account in order to read the messages and to post on the forum.

Thank you for your understanding, The Realm staff
The Realm
Hello!
Welcome to the Realm. You are seeing this message because you are a guest. If you are already a member please login on your account, if you are visiting us for the first time please register to contribute to the forum. You will need an account in order to read the messages and to post on the forum.

Thank you for your understanding, The Realm staff
The Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Realm

Welcome to The Realm ~ Provehito In Altum

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New Kid at School

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Scamite
Banned
Banned

Male
Number of posts : 240
Life : New Kid at School 44101010
New Kid at School Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100New Kid at School Right_bar_bleue

Mood : New Kid at School 3310
Registration date : 2008-08-23

New Kid at School Empty
PostSubject: New Kid at School   New Kid at School EmptyMon Jan 26, 2009 9:11 am

Hey guys,

I'm gonna be the new kid at my school in a week. I was wondering what tips you might have for making friends, settling in etc.

I'm not a huge fan of talking to people I don't know, so I really need to work on that a bit. I guess if I want to be a cop one day, I better get used to talking to strangers.

I've cut and dyed my hair blond. It was dark brown, so that's a new look for me.

I just want some advice for what to do on the first day. Especially the period of time from when you arrive at school to when my first class is. I don't know who to go to, or what to do.

Any help, advice or tips would be extremely appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Nessa
Admin
Admin
Nessa

Female
Number of posts : 7028
Life : New Kid at School 11101010
New Kid at School Left_bar_bleue35 / 10035 / 100New Kid at School Right_bar_bleue

Mood : New Kid at School 5310
Registration date : 2007-07-20

New Kid at School Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Kid at School   New Kid at School EmptyMon Jan 26, 2009 11:26 am

I suggest you just be yourself from the moment you step foot on the new school, scope out the scene, check everything out, Feel your way around slowly and just have fun with it. I know it can seem nerve racking being the new kid on the scene. But use it to your advantage, cuz everyone is curious about the new kid, trust me. And you pick and choose your new friends wisely Scamite, Don't get dragged into any unrulely clicks hun, you hear!! Razz

I suggest you hang in front'a the school, in your car, music blasting :: you won't be alone for long. tehe Wink

Don't sit in the sideline observing, jump in an talk to who you wanna talk to when you wanna. Take the lead and the others will follow, Fact! Big Grin

Just my 2 cents!! lol kiss
Back to top Go down
https://therealm.forumotion.com/
Scamite
Banned
Banned

Male

New Kid at School Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Kid at School   New Kid at School EmptyMon Jan 26, 2009 8:01 pm

Thanks Nessa. Once I know a few people, I think I'll be fine. I'm just nervous about when I arrive and not knowing anyone. I find it a bit nerve-wrecking to just stroll up to someone and chat in fear of what they might think of me.
Back to top Go down

New Kid at School Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Kid at School   New Kid at School EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 1:03 pm

You have 2 possibilities;

> You either say to yourself; "I'm going to be myself, and it's either love me or leave me!". In which case you'll start of a loner unless lucky. After a week or so, you'll slowly start to accept acting a "little differently" because it's still "you" at the base. In the end, you'll be around people you don't particularly appreciate wearing a mask that doesn't particularly fit you
OR
> You accept that people aren't you, and you don a pre-made mask. If it doesn't work or fit, you adapt it. Thus becoming what Psychiaters call a Chameleon. Only girls of a young age or particularly unconfident or Sociopaths and people suffering from Identity disorders choose the second option
Back to top Go down
Hotdogs
Established Member
Established Member
Hotdogs

Male
Number of posts : 114

Registration date : 2008-12-16

New Kid at School Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Kid at School   New Kid at School EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 8:55 pm

Couldn't agree more with the above posts.

I've been the new kid four times, and I just tried to go about it the same as I would on any other school days.

I'd just say be yourself, don't change for anybody, don't look for trouble, having said, the best way to make new friends in my opinion is to get involved in as many tings as you can.

Nonetheless, good luck in future in your new surroundings. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.everydaystuff.forumotion.com
Scamite
Banned
Banned

Male

New Kid at School Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Kid at School   New Kid at School EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 2:38 am

OK. I went to school today - first day. It sucked big time! Don't like the school - teachers can't even speak english. The english teacher doesn't even know basic punctuation. The school is really UN-organized and I don't like it there.

I came home from school insisting to my dad that I go back to my old school - almost an hour's drive away. He said 'no'. But there was no way I was going to go back to that new school.

After pleading with tears running down my face - he rang my grandmother who lives very close to my old school. He asked if I could stay there for the week and I'd come back "home" on the weekends. She said she needs to think about it and in the meantime, I have to continue going to school - for the rest of the week (which is fortunately only 2 more days).

I wanted to go to my old school because this year is the make it or break it year for me. Fail and I'm in ( No Swearing ) street without a paddle. The teachers at my old school know who I am, what I've gone through. They know my abilities and my potential, strengths and weaknesses. They are the ones who will be able to help me pass this year - not these new teachers who can't even speak english properly.

Hopefully it all works out well, and I'm back at my old school by the start of next week.!
Back to top Go down
Nessa
Admin
Admin
Nessa

Female
Number of posts : 7028
Life : New Kid at School 11101010
New Kid at School Left_bar_bleue35 / 10035 / 100New Kid at School Right_bar_bleue

Mood : New Kid at School 5310
Registration date : 2007-07-20

New Kid at School Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Kid at School   New Kid at School EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 8:26 am

Hmm, Well I'm sorry you had such a horrid experience your 1st day at the new school Scamite. Do you think maybe given some time adjusting you could get used to it? Of course everything will seem unfamiliar and uncertain at 1st there, to generally not like it straight away. But you should give it a chance at least, you never know until you try, it may be different from your previous school and really just take some time getting used to.
But jumping back and fourth from your old to the new then back to the old again. Is an aweful lot of shuffling going on , as well as alot of paperwork needing to be filled out , resubmitted, reviewed and approved. Alot of headache involved in making these changes in mid term like this no?

I had a similar problem when my daughter Savanna was admitted to her 1st yr in kindergarden. First time in school ,in a new state. The school seemed to have overlook her age correctly and decided after over a month in school she was not suppoed to be in Kindergarden but in Pre ~ K according to Florida state rules ( much different from NYS Rules ) missing the cut off date by 3 days of her birthday. Then they called me and told me to come pick up my daughter because she doesnt belong there. Of course I ran there immediately in a huff and my daughter was crying as the teacher asked her to say goodbye to all her new friends as she would not be returning. My head exploded, really. Wayta tramatize a 4 yr old and boot her out the door with no where to go when classes were filled already and school already in session.
I had a very hard time relocating her again to another school and correcting the damage done and sadness that follow with it honestly.

I guess what I'm tryna explain is it is not as easy to just jump from one to another then back again, understand?
Think about it from a different perspective for a minute, for everyone involved, which actions do you think would be most benificial? Chin
Back to top Go down
https://therealm.forumotion.com/
Scamite
Banned
Banned

Male

New Kid at School Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Kid at School   New Kid at School EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 7:29 am

After a bit more than a month there and getting to know some people, I guess it's all OK now. I've settled in well. I guess I just needed to give it a bit more time.

Oh, my social network at school is now far larger than it was at my old school!!

Thanks Nessa for your words of wisdom!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Kid at School Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Kid at School   New Kid at School Empty

Back to top Go down

New Kid at School
Page 1 of 1