The Realm
Hello!
Welcome to the Realm. You are seeing this message because you are a guest. If you are already a member please login on your account, if you are visiting us for the first time please register to contribute to the forum. You will need an account in order to read the messages and to post on the forum.

Thank you for your understanding, The Realm staff
The Realm
Hello!
Welcome to the Realm. You are seeing this message because you are a guest. If you are already a member please login on your account, if you are visiting us for the first time please register to contribute to the forum. You will need an account in order to read the messages and to post on the forum.

Thank you for your understanding, The Realm staff
The Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Realm

Welcome to The Realm ~ Provehito In Altum

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Canada Seal Hunt

Go down 
+2
Kilsek
Nessa
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Nessa
Admin
Admin
Nessa

Female
Number of posts : 7028
Life : Canada Seal Hunt 11101010
Canada Seal Hunt Left_bar_bleue35 / 10035 / 100Canada Seal Hunt Right_bar_bleue

Mood : Canada Seal Hunt 5310
Registration date : 2007-07-20

Canada Seal Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Canada Seal Hunt   Canada Seal Hunt EmptyFri Mar 28, 2008 12:45 pm

Canada Seal Hunt Seals208_hbtext

As some of you may already know, I am a Huge Animal Advocate. And today the annual seal hunt has began in Canada yet again. Sad
I fight each year to try and end this inhumame brutal slaughter of these poor Seals. I think it's horribly unnecessary, these sensless killing. No

I ask you to please take a moment to tell Canada to end this Barbaric Seal Hunt once and for all.

Please Take Action Here

Just before dawn this morning, the
annual hunt for baby seals began in Canada.

Over the next
few weeks, 275,000 harp seals will be brutally clubbed, skinned alive or shot
for their fur. Incredibly, though, many people believe that
Canada ended this hunt in the 1980s. But it's still happening,
right now. That's why the
sealers don't want us here -- with our cameras
rolling.

For four years, The
Humane Society of the United States' ProtectSeals team has stood
its ground as Canada's extraordinary harp seal nurseries are
transformed each spring into bloody killing fields. The sealers
have rammed our cars, smashed our boats, and brandished the very
same clubs that they use to kill baby seals -- all in a vain
attempt to intimidate us

Then yesterday, Canada's government took an unprecedented
step: It refused to issue hunt observation permits to our team
-- and to journalists -- in time for us to document the
slaughter this morning. This means that sealers, if they have
reached the seals by now, are killing baby seals without
witnesses. Which is exactly what they want.

Exposing the hunt is the surest way I
know to stop it forever.

It's heartening to know we're not alone -- because you're
standing with us. Thanks to you, we're able to fight animal cruelty at home
and worldwide.

The seal hunters don't want
us here, but with your support, we'll continue the fight until
the cruel hunt ends.

All Links to the video footage of these kills have been removed.( To Expicit for public viewing Sad )

Please use your voice and help me in my fight against The Canadian Seal Hunt. Thank you. Peace

Canada Seal Hunt SealHunt08

Back to top Go down
https://therealm.forumotion.com/
Nessa
Admin
Admin
Nessa

Female

Canada Seal Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canada Seal Hunt   Canada Seal Hunt EmptyFri Mar 28, 2008 12:50 pm

Update: Over 2,800 Seals killed so far since sunrise... Sad
Back to top Go down
Kilsek
Power Member
Power Member
Kilsek

Male
Number of posts : 589
Life : Canada Seal Hunt 44101010
Canada Seal Hunt Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Canada Seal Hunt Right_bar_bleue

Mood : Canada Seal Hunt 1410
Registration date : 2007-09-18

Canada Seal Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canada Seal Hunt   Canada Seal Hunt EmptyFri Mar 28, 2008 1:28 pm

Man this sucks Hopefully I did what I can. And Canadians talk about Americans! I am sure not all canadians do this and cheers to those of you who dont.
Back to top Go down
Nessa
Admin
Admin
Nessa

Female

Canada Seal Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canada Seal Hunt   Canada Seal Hunt EmptyFri Mar 28, 2008 3:55 pm

Thank you Kilsek. kiss Every voice that speaks up against this Hunt brings us one step closer to putting and end to this insanity forever. hug heart
Back to top Go down
fishes
Banned
Banned

Male
Number of posts : 112

Registration date : 2007-08-27

Canada Seal Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canada Seal Hunt   Canada Seal Hunt EmptyTue Apr 01, 2008 4:48 am

I have added my voice Nessa. This is right up there with the Japs needlessly slaughtering whales. It must be stopped. Tradition is not a reason to continue these barbaric practices. The byproducts of these hapless animals can be cheaply and easily replaced. It is totally unnesersary killing of our animal friends.
Back to top Go down
Nessa
Admin
Admin
Nessa

Female

Canada Seal Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canada Seal Hunt   Canada Seal Hunt EmptyTue Apr 01, 2008 10:19 am

Thank you Fishes. hug I feel the same way. It pains me to say that this hunt has taken over 17,408 Harp Seals lives already. Which is pretty horrific. Sad

But On a side note. I have been informed that 3 seal hunters have died today on the ice in Canada when there boat capsized and the icy waters won the battle taking their lives. Pretty sad if you ask me, because I have wished ill on these poachers before out of rage,anger, have even dreamt about sniping them as they approach the ice for hunting season. So I guess they died doing what they believed in. And for me, that means 3 less seal hunters contributing to this slaughter.

I just wish we could put an end to this once and for all.. I'll never give up fighting this fight until we win. props
Back to top Go down
fishes
Banned
Banned

Male

Canada Seal Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canada Seal Hunt   Canada Seal Hunt EmptyThu Apr 03, 2008 6:56 am

17,408 for the murderers------- 3 for the seals. I admire you for your beliefs Nessa.
Back to top Go down
MissGeek
Established Member
Established Member

Female
Number of posts : 82

Registration date : 2008-04-06

Canada Seal Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canada Seal Hunt   Canada Seal Hunt EmptySun Apr 06, 2008 11:10 pm

Sorry, but as I told in my introduction, since I had to face insults from an extremist (who didn't give a ****ing damn sh*t that the girl she flames might have autism, hypersensibility or psychological problems) for having talked about a clawless cat I know, I don't endorse any animal advocating anymore !

You talk about "baby seal", but did you know that killing white baby seal is already forbidden since 1987 ? Have you heard at least once about the cod renewal issue which lasts since 1993 ? Have you ever searched for docs outside animal advocating organization (who show what they want to show) about Madeline Islands (I don't know if the English name is right, but the French name is "Îles-de-la-Madeleine")'s frail econmy and about the Native Americans and Eskimos who hunt seals since thousands of years ?

I totally disagree the fact of giving more importance to an animal's life than to a human's life. Moreover, lately I added a rule on my board to strictly moderate posts related to such animal-related issues. If one of the dead hunters was one of your relatives or if he was carrying a genetic disease, what would you have said ?

That was my 2 cents

A girl who carries psychological aftermaths since someone flamed her relatively to an animal-related subject, and who wonders how long she will stay on this forum because of this deep uneasiness she has everytime she sees an animal-related issue topic.
Back to top Go down
Nessa
Admin
Admin
Nessa

Female

Canada Seal Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canada Seal Hunt   Canada Seal Hunt EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 12:13 am

Wow, Ok Thanx for adding your 2 cents. That's cool. Wink I'm not sorry we don't feel the same way about how animals are treated. I am sorry you had a tramatic incident regarding animal related issues. I have an uneasiness like that when I go to my friends house and see Deers and his hunting kills mounted on his walls. But I have had a love for animals my entire life and always wanted to be the voice to try and do what I can for them, its just who I am. I believe in the cause for a better life for all animals to be treated fairly, humanily in this life, you know? That's fair.

Quote :
I totally disagree the fact of giving more importance to an animal's life than to a human's life.

Me to.. But I think differently then most sometimes, so. Shrug

I had my 1 yr old dog stolen out of my backyard while I was at work one day and used in a dogfight then dropped back off bloody and clinging to life on my doorstep for my neighbor to find and rush to the animal hospital and try and save. Well my dog died because of that. And I pretty much knew that night, at that point, I would do whatever I could to see that no one lost thier pet like that again. Animal Cruelty became a top priority in my life from losing Bella.

And I will continue to voice my opinion on how I feel about all animal issues that I would like to see laws changed about. It has taken me 5 yrs since Bella died to fight to make animal cruelty a felony here in the US. And now it is. Punishable by up to 5 yrs in prison here in the US. I call it humanity control. It's my cause. It's who I am and what I beleive in. I'd never second guess that. Wink

Quote :
If one of the dead hunters was one of your relatives or if he was carrying a genetic disease, what would you have said ?
a) Genetic disease or not I dislike those poachers for there inhumane slaughter of these animals, period.
b) My relatives wouldn't bash seals heads in with a club or skin them alive, or honestly I'd probably feel the same way about them too. LOL

Quote :
A girl who carries psychological aftermaths
since someone flamed her relatively to an animal-related subject, and
who wonders how long she will stay on this forum because of this deep
uneasiness she has everytime she sees an animal-related issue topic.

If my views on how I feel about my fight for animals bothers you that much that you would leave because of it.. Shocked Wow!
Back to top Go down
MissGeek
Established Member
Established Member

Female

Canada Seal Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canada Seal Hunt   Canada Seal Hunt EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 12:45 am

Nessa wrote:
Quote :
I totally disagree the fact of giving more importance to an animal's life than to a human's life.

Me to.. But I think differently then most sometimes, so. Shrug

I had my 1 yr old dog stolen out of my backyard while I was at work one day and used in a dogfight then dropped back off bloody and clinging to life on my doorstep for my neighbor to find and rush to the animal hospital and try and save. Well my dog died because of that. And I pretty much knew that night, at that point, I would do whatever I could to see that no one lost thier pet like that again. Animal Cruelty became a top priority in my life from losing Bella.

And I will continue to voice my opinion on how I feel about all animal issues that I would like to see laws changed about. It has taken me 5 yrs since Bella died to fight to make animal cruelty a felony here in the US. And now it is. Punishable by up to 5 yrs in prison here in the US. I call it humanity control. It's my cause. It's who I am and what I beleive in. I'd never second guess that. Wink

My point is : Is it normal to cry 1 month for a wild animal who weren't part of your family while you cry 3 weeks when Mom or Grandma dies ? I understand if the animal is a pet who was part of your family since my two previous cats (15 and 11 years old) died of cancer three years ago.

Quote :
Quote :
If one of the dead hunters was one of your relatives or if he was carrying a genetic disease, what would you have said ?
a) Genetic disease or not I dislike those poachers for there inhumane slaughter of these animals, period.
b) My relatives wouldn't bash seals heads in with a club or skin them alive, or honestly I'd probably feel the same way about them too. LOL

And what about Native Americans ? And when people who have no choice because the only two paths they can take on spring time is hunting or unemployment because of the economic issues regarding their community who are far away from the main cities ?

Quote :
Quote :
A girl who carries psychological aftermaths
since someone flamed her relatively to an animal-related subject, and
who wonders how long she will stay on this forum because of this deep
uneasiness she has everytime she sees an animal-related issue topic.

If my views on how I feel about my fight for animals bothers you that much that you would leave because of it.. Shocked Wow!

To tell you, I already left three forums (including the one where I have been flamed) because I felt so uneasy that I got a stunt. And I came close to leave another forum for the same reason.
Back to top Go down
Nessa
Admin
Admin
Nessa

Female

Canada Seal Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canada Seal Hunt   Canada Seal Hunt EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 1:18 am

Sweety, My views against your views about animals are pretty much irrevelant to me right about now. I'm astounded because, that right there...

Quote :
To tell you, I already left three forums
(including the one where I have been flamed) because I felt so uneasy
that I got a stunt. And I came close to leave another forum for the
same reason.

Has to be the saddest thing I have heard in a long time. No one is trying to make you feel uneasy here or so help me god Flame you ,hun. No ones ramming thier views down your throat. I'd never allow it. I'm so far from some crazy off the hook animal activist girly, I'm just passionate about animals. You need to relax a little, calm down.

I really like you Katt, and I would really like for you to stay and I'm sorry and very sad this thread has affected you this way. hug
Back to top Go down
MissGeek
Established Member
Established Member

Female

Canada Seal Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canada Seal Hunt   Canada Seal Hunt EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 1:52 am

My personal experience made me become a humanist rather than animalist. As a visually impaired girl with autism, I always had only a few friends, and my Mom always had to struggle to have specialized services and adaptations for me at every school I enter because I was always the first visually impaired child to enter, and she is part of the administration council of a visually impaired people association. More, my godmother who has always been sterile is foster mother for disabled children since a very long time and she had the same struggle to do, in order to have her foster children's rights respected. The only remaining child had to face a rowdy educator who was very rude towards the whole mentally disabled children classroom, and his rudeness had bad effects to these children's behavior and health (some of them are epileptic, so more stress = more seizures). It took almost one year before the guy finally got fired. So, all of this made my views being more oriented to disabled people and ill children.
Back to top Go down
Nessa
Admin
Admin
Nessa

Female

Canada Seal Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canada Seal Hunt   Canada Seal Hunt EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 3:30 am

Wow, That's really deep hun, I didn't know about any of that, until 2nite hug I imagine I would feel the same way, very passionate about children with disabilities and causes of that nature, having to live life with these disabilities. heart

I also have friends with various disabilities and ailments, and just found out my little cousin back home has cancer now too. I have walked for Breast Cancer & MS after my friends mom lost both her breasts and almost the battle to cancer 2 yrs ago. Sad
There really are truly so many causes to stand up and fight for and believe in this world hun. I think what empowers me the most to fight for these causes , is that I know we can make a difference. I know that my voice can change a law or make a change somehow. Whatever the cause is I support or fight for I'll never stop, because it has touched my life some how, made me stronger. And it's something I believe in. Wink And that in itself is a beautiful thing. heart But wait! ~ Didn't you know? One day "I" may change the world, we all can..tehe.. True Story. Peace

But seriously Hun, I do not want you to feel unease here or uncomfortable in any way, we are a very friendly bunch, a small little realm family here.lol You need not worry about flaming and such nature here love, I promise. kiss

Besides, Have you seen my Staff? I have the coolest staff in all of forumotion girlfriend. Envy Me! Smile

Pwease stay..... hug
Back to top Go down
MissGeek
Established Member
Established Member

Female

Canada Seal Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canada Seal Hunt   Canada Seal Hunt EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 4:45 am

I preferred to tell all of this from the start, because I had so many issues with this uneasiness, and my autism pisses me off. I had to carry this anger inside me since I heard Paul Watson's quote on radio news for the first time and heard about people who almost had an orgasm when they heard about these three deaths. I think about the families, wives, children who already carry the burden of having lost their relative, husband, father... my humanist side.
Where I live, there's a Native village only 30 minutes away from home, so whatever we share or don't share some of their views regarding their status and the territories management (legal actions of the latest years only worsen the situation), their culture has an influence to our community, and I had a Native teammate during college (in Québec, college, also called "cégep", comes after high school).

To finish, another point : it's very easy to walk into urban legends and hoaxes traps when you endorse animal rights or any other issue. Just take example of the bonsaikittens hoax who was a dirty joke in the first place (I walked into this trap once) or all those petitions directly written on emails who don't have any impact and who can be modified as much as the person's like (the hoaxbuster team calls it "loaf activism"), or those click campaigns who can be easily alienated by suspicious organizations who use people's carefree attitude for unknown actions. I am fighting against this threat (chain letters) who only cause server lags on online webmails (especially Hotmail)
Back to top Go down
fishes
Banned
Banned

Male

Canada Seal Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canada Seal Hunt   Canada Seal Hunt EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 7:47 am

Dear MissGeek, I dont mean to sound cruel but why do you keep bringing your autism into this debate. I do not see the relavance. Nor do I see the relavance of native Americans. They hunt out of necessity, not for some outdated mass slaughter that has nothing to do with survival. One voice on its own might not make an impact but add it to thousands of others and we can change things.
Back to top Go down
Nessa
Admin
Admin
Nessa

Female

Canada Seal Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canada Seal Hunt   Canada Seal Hunt EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 6:04 pm

fishes wrote:
Dear MissGeek, I dont mean to sound cruel but why do you keep bringing your autism into this debate. I do not see the relavance. Nor do I see the relavance of native Americans. They hunt out of necessity, not for some outdated mass slaughter that has nothing to do with survival. One voice on its own might not make an impact but add it to thousands of others and we can change things.

Fishes, I think she was just trying to explain why she has this issue
with animal advocacy and is simply letting us know a little bit more about
herself. Smile She is entiltled to her views on the subject, as are you.Wink
Back to top Go down
129joe
VIP
VIP
129joe

Male
Number of posts : 2240
Canada Seal Hunt Left_bar_bleue60 / 10060 / 100Canada Seal Hunt Right_bar_bleue

Mood : Canada Seal Hunt 3610
Registration date : 2008-01-02

Canada Seal Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canada Seal Hunt   Canada Seal Hunt EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 7:04 pm

Everyone should take a deep breath & think about what they are saying, I'm sure 99% of people do not wish any harm on animals, people, children, the disabled or mentally ill or handicapped.

However there will always be that lobotomized 1% in the world who get some sick thrill out of inflicting pain & cruelty on those weaker or in a more vulnerable position.

All that we 99%ers can do is make sure our objections are heard & refuse to accept the "status quo" just because that is the path of least resistance, change is always difficult but that is no reason not to campaign for it.

Relax everyone & fight the good fight, not against each other.
Back to top Go down
Nessa
Admin
Admin
Nessa

Female

Canada Seal Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canada Seal Hunt   Canada Seal Hunt EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 11:19 pm

Exactly Joe, There's no spam in here. Everyone who has posted in here has a Heart, and is passionate about something they believe in, and that's couragous and admirable, Kudos to you all and thank you. Smile heart

Group Hug
Back to top Go down
129joe
VIP
VIP
129joe

Male

Canada Seal Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canada Seal Hunt   Canada Seal Hunt EmptySat Apr 12, 2008 1:30 am

Great minds think alike,
fools seldom differ!

Just make sure we are great minds & not fools.
Back to top Go down
Kilsek
Power Member
Power Member
Kilsek

Male
Number of posts : 589

Mood : Canada Seal Hunt 1410
Registration date : 2007-09-18

Canada Seal Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canada Seal Hunt   Canada Seal Hunt EmptySat Apr 12, 2008 8:47 am

129joe wrote:
Everyone should take a deep breath & think about what they are saying, I'm sure 99% of people do not wish any harm on animals, people, children, the disabled or mentally ill or handicapped.

However there will always be that lobotomized 1% in the world who get some sick thrill out of inflicting pain & cruelty on those weaker or in a more vulnerable position.

All that we 99%ers can do is make sure our objections are heard & refuse to accept the "status quo" just because that is the path of least resistance, change is always difficult but that is no reason not to campaign for it.

Relax everyone & fight the good fight, not against each other.

Well said my good man.

If I may continue, this is a serious issue to some members so please no more questioning someone elses views! I consider this as an attempt to begin a flame war which is not tolerated on this site. If I see this I will request that a warning be given.-Kilsek
Back to top Go down
129joe
VIP
VIP
129joe

Male

Canada Seal Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canada Seal Hunt   Canada Seal Hunt EmptySat Apr 12, 2008 6:22 pm

Hear, hear.

You have my total support Kilsek.
Back to top Go down
fishes
Banned
Banned

Male

Canada Seal Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canada Seal Hunt   Canada Seal Hunt EmptySun Apr 13, 2008 5:23 am

If you cant question someone elses views then what the hell is the point of having a debate which is after all is what we are doing here.
Back to top Go down
Skittles
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Skittles

Female
Number of posts : 952

Mood : Canada Seal Hunt 410
Registration date : 2008-03-08

Canada Seal Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canada Seal Hunt   Canada Seal Hunt EmptySun Apr 13, 2008 6:47 am

I never heard anything about this thread being a debate, fishes.

The intention, I believe was Nessa wanting to create some awareness and to ask people to give out their voice towards the cause that she so deeply believes in.

So I ask please, to everyone that we do not make this a debate as this is a topic that so many people have such strong beliefs and feelings on.

This is one of those subjects that involves our own views, thoughts and feelings. The differences does not make one wrong or right. Only in the eyes of the person who is feeling it. Just as Kilsek has already stated, I/we do not want to be questioning or judging each others views here.

Just agree to disagree. If you agree and wish to give a voice, then please feel free to, if you disagree and do not with to give a voice, then don't. It can be as simple as that.

If this thread continues to be rittled with flaming undertones, the staff, including myself will not hesitate in locking this topic
Back to top Go down
fishes
Banned
Banned

Male

Canada Seal Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canada Seal Hunt   Canada Seal Hunt EmptySun Apr 13, 2008 7:27 am

If opposing points of view are put forward then I cannot see that is not a debate. I realize thats its a very touchy subject and I fully respect everybodies point of view. Sometimes I put my point of view over a little to strongly. Thats just the way I am. I shoot from the hip . My last wish is to offend anyone.
Back to top Go down
129joe
VIP
VIP
129joe

Male

Canada Seal Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canada Seal Hunt   Canada Seal Hunt EmptySun Apr 13, 2008 6:46 pm

If people want to argue & debate over different points of view, then why not open a new thread inviting people to take issue with each other there & not cheapen the content & intention of this very deserving campaign.

I'll be interested to see who bothers to take part, you shouldn't hijack this thread, if you have the time to argue against saving the seals in Canada, you obviously have too much time on your hands.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Canada Seal Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canada Seal Hunt   Canada Seal Hunt Empty

Back to top Go down

Canada Seal Hunt
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next