The Realm
Hello!
Welcome to the Realm. You are seeing this message because you are a guest. If you are already a member please login on your account, if you are visiting us for the first time please register to contribute to the forum. You will need an account in order to read the messages and to post on the forum.

Thank you for your understanding, The Realm staff
The Realm
Hello!
Welcome to the Realm. You are seeing this message because you are a guest. If you are already a member please login on your account, if you are visiting us for the first time please register to contribute to the forum. You will need an account in order to read the messages and to post on the forum.

Thank you for your understanding, The Realm staff
The Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Realm

Welcome to The Realm ~ Provehito In Altum

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What is love?

Go down 
+2
Nessa
Luky
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Luky
Admin
Admin
Luky

Male
Number of posts : 4090
Life : What is love? 11101010
What is love? Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100What is love? Right_bar_bleue

Mood : What is love? 410
Registration date : 2007-08-01

What is love? Empty
PostSubject: What is love?   What is love? EmptyFri Sep 28, 2007 7:19 pm

This is a really tough question in my opinion. In my opinion love is a number of things:

Love is the attachment that results from deeply appreciating another's goodness.
Love is the attachment that results from deeply appreciating another's goodness.
LOVE IS A CHOICE

If love comes from appreciating goodness, it needn't just happen -- you can make it happen. Love is active. You can create it. Just focus on the good in another person (and everyone has some). If you can do this easily, you'll love easily.
Obviously, there's a huge distance from here to the far more profound, personal love developed over the years, especially in marriage. But seeing goodness is the beginning.

I believe that by focusing on the good, you can love almost anyone.

ACTIONS AFFECT FEELINGS

Now that you're feeling so warmly toward the entire human race, how can you deepen your love for someone? The way God created us, actions affect our feelings most. For example, if you want to become more compassionate, thinking compassionate thoughts may be a start, but giving charity will get you there. Likewise, the best way to feel loving is to be loving -- and that means giving.

What is giving? When an enthusiastic handyman happily announces to his non- mechanically inclined wife, "Honey, wait till you see what I got you for your birthday -- a triple-decker toolbox!" that's not giving. Neither is a father's forcing violin lessons on his son because he himself always dreamed of being a virtuoso.
Giving leads to love.

OPENING YOURSELF TO OTHERS

The effect of genuine, other-oriented giving is profound. It allows you into another person's world and opens you up to perceiving his or her goodness. At the same time, it means investing part of yourself in the other, enabling you to love this person as you love yourself.

Because deep, intimate love emanates from knowledge and giving, it comes not overnight but over time -- which nearly always means after marriage. The intensity many couples feel before marrying is usually great affection boosted by commonality, chemistry, and anticipation. These may be the seeds of love, but they have yet to sprout. On the wedding day, emotions run high, but true love should be at its lowest, because it will hopefully always be growing, as husband and wife give more and more to each other.

What do you think love is?
Back to top Go down
Nessa
Admin
Admin
Nessa

Female
Number of posts : 7028
What is love? Left_bar_bleue35 / 10035 / 100What is love? Right_bar_bleue

Mood : What is love? 5310
Registration date : 2007-07-20

What is love? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is love?   What is love? EmptySat Sep 29, 2007 11:41 am

I love everyone hyper . I always find something i love about everyone I meet Love ..tehe
Back to top Go down
https://therealm.forumotion.com/

What is love? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is love?   What is love? EmptySat Sep 29, 2007 11:48 am

Love is like a car:
You don't know when you find the right one, but in any case, once you got one, you gotta keep in maintained or else you get probems
Back to top Go down
Nessa
Admin
Admin
Nessa

Female

What is love? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is love?   What is love? EmptySat Sep 29, 2007 11:52 am

Caihlem wrote:
Love is like a car:
You don't know when you find the right one, but in any case, once you got one, you gotta keep in maintained or else you get probems

LOL Very true Caihlem, Just like marriage.
Back to top Go down

What is love? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is love?   What is love? EmptySat Sep 29, 2007 11:54 am

Marriage is like suicide: Fels great until it actually happens LOL
Back to top Go down
Nessa
Admin
Admin
Nessa

Female

What is love? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is love?   What is love? EmptySat Sep 29, 2007 1:11 pm

Caihlem wrote:
Marriage is like suicide: Fels great until it actually happens LOL

LOL Silly, marriage is accualy wonderfuly horrible sometimes. Takes alot of communication, work and compromise. Wink But I wouldn't change being married to Jason for 1 milasecond in time. Love He's the best and worst thing that's ever happened to me LOL heart
Back to top Go down
Rosey
Established Member
Established Member
Rosey

Female
Number of posts : 68
What is love? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100What is love? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-10-12

What is love? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is love?   What is love? EmptyFri Oct 12, 2007 11:11 pm

Love is the ablility to give your whole self to another...to be totally lost in there eyes , emotions, and self been. Love is Great feeling, i'd recommend it to anyone lol
Back to top Go down
http://crazycrap.forumotion.com
lilacmoon
VIP
VIP
lilacmoon

Female
Number of posts : 950

Registration date : 2007-10-11

What is love? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is love?   What is love? EmptySun Oct 14, 2007 7:11 am

ButterFly 2 the only thing i can think of is that love is ....... great ButterFly 2
Pink Heart it has its ups and downs , sometimes you want to screeam and can feel trapped
but the next moment love is everything and life would not exsist without it

ButterFly 2 love can be everything or nothing it changes from day to day ButterFly 2
Back to top Go down
129joe
VIP
VIP
129joe

Male
Number of posts : 2240
What is love? Left_bar_bleue60 / 10060 / 100What is love? Right_bar_bleue

Mood : What is love? 3610
Registration date : 2008-01-02

What is love? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is love?   What is love? EmptyMon Feb 18, 2008 9:46 pm

Love is something you give, and if you are loved back you will recieve more and so you will give more.

Therefore love will grow and grow.
Back to top Go down
Camulus
VIP
VIP
Camulus

Male
Number of posts : 1281

Mood : What is love? 4610
Registration date : 2008-01-23

What is love? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is love?   What is love? EmptyMon Feb 18, 2008 10:20 pm

This is true meaning of love —IMO.

The Way of Love

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.

And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.

If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing.

Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude.

It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth.

Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away.

For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when the perfect comes, the partial will pass away.

When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways.

For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known.

So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

— 1 Corinthians 13

IMO, this is what the meaning of love is, and not Webster's version.
Back to top Go down
129joe
VIP
VIP
129joe

Male
Number of posts : 2240
What is love? Left_bar_bleue60 / 10060 / 100What is love? Right_bar_bleue

Mood : What is love? 3610
Registration date : 2008-01-02

What is love? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is love?   What is love? EmptyTue Feb 19, 2008 1:45 am